Monday, September 24, 2007

Heidelberg

I am writing from Heidelberg where Valley and I have just finished checking out the magnificent, even if partially destroyed, namesake castle.








Last night we had a particularily bad experience with a rat eating a few holes in one of Valley's pannier. Tonight we have to cross ouor fingers and hope that putting our pannier up high they will not be able to reach them. Our mistake was leaving food in the vestibule.

A note about the bier. It is delicious of course and it changes by region. On the Rhine we enjoyed what seemed to be the flagship bier of Köln, Reissdörf Kölsch. Further up the Rhine we found a Dark wheat bier. Heffewisen Dunkel. Here I enjoyed a bier which I believe the label called a black or dark beer. Seemed like an ale of some kind. I will get more tonight.

Our current plan is to make for stuttgart along the Neckar and take a train from there to Italy, via what cities we do not know.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You Prick, i miss you guys. So much to say, those mountain hills look so sick to bomb, Heidelberg, Meinheim, I work in areas named after the motherland. SO jealous, so drunk on good canadian beer, but wishing i was there even more. Take care guys and have fun.

crackerjack said...

looks sooooo good!!!! look forward to hours and hours of pics when u get back!!

Unknown said...

ya wow your pictures are so amazing. it makes me wish I hadent skiped so much of the site seeing as well as many of the natural wonders along my jouney...I guess I will just have to do it again.

I wish you luck. and if you had enough time I would be insiting you come to Budapest to visit me.